12 oz. of bitter or semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoon of quinoa seeds
1/4 cup of hulled, unsalted pecans, small peaces
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place the quinoa seeds in a skillet over medium-low heat and toast for about 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place the pecans in a skillet over medium-low heat and toast for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer’s directions. Once melted add the coconut and cayenne pepper.
- Spread onto a flat baking pan lined with a parchment paper in 1/2 inch-thick layer. Sprinkle over and press into the chocolate the pecans and quinoa seeds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove the paper, break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in a container for few days.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup maple syrup
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Melt oil and chocolate in double boiler, mix well and put a side to cool.
- Whisk cocoa powder with maple syrup and eggs.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Poor into oiled spring-form pan that layered with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Bake for 35 min.
- Remove from the pan and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Enjoy it warm with vanilla ice cram (my favorite combination)!